Wellness benefits refer to the education and activities that a company implements to promote healthy lifestyles to employees and their families. Wellness programs can include health education classes, subsidized use of fitness facilities, internal policies that promote healthy behavior, and any other activity, policy or environmental change that affects the health of employees.The Healy Group's Wellness Coordinator, Jaime Murphy, has 15 years of experience in Wellness Program design and implementation. Jaime has the knowledge and expertise to design a wellness program tailored to meet the goals of the organization ranging from basic to comprehensive programs. While many wellness programs require a minimal investment of time and money a more substantial program often use more resources, but the many benefits to supporting and encouraging employee health and wellness overwhelmingly outweigh the costs.
A wellness program will impact your company’s bottom line by:
- Helping control rising health care costs
- An investment in your employees' health may lower health care costs or slow the cost increases. Employees with more health risk factors, including being overweight, smoking and having diabetes, cost more to insure and pay more for health care than people with fewer risk factors.
- Increasing employee productivity & morale
- Research shows that workplaces with wellness programs have employees who are more productive at work.
- Healthier employees mean fewer sick days. Reduced absenteeism can yield significant cost savings and return on your wellness investment.
- Reducing workers’ compensation and disability costs:
- Employees who make healthy changes and lower health risk factors often have a lower chance of a workplace injury or illness or a disability.
We can build and customize a wellness program specific to your employees’ needs and health care data, and will deliver the tools you need to get a successful wellness program off the ground. We will help you:
- Gather claims data, a needs and interest survey, health risk assessment aggregate results, prescription drug utilization, culture audit and other pertinent data. From this data we will make recommendations regarding the types of programs you may want to offer. Build a strategic wellness plan that incorporates specific goals and objectives.
- Support the implementation of the wellness plan with specific resources and communication vehicles.
- Evaluate by doing a cost benefit analysis to track progress ensuring goals are met.